The secrets to successful travel packing elude the majority of people when they are going on vacation. We have all seen the images of people sitting on their suitcases trying to close them but failing miserably because they are way too full, but the amount in those suitcases should often not prevent individuals from being able to close them easily! With a few travel packing secrets, you will find that taking everything you want to when traveling is no chore at all!
The secret to successful travel packing is making a list and sticking to that list. Travelers usually find themselves taking more than they will need just in case. That, in reality, is the worst attitude you can take. The just in case objects are very rarely used, so resist the temptation! A checklist will help you to do this because if it is not on the list then it does not travel!
Always take into consideration what you will and will not need when making the list in the first place. What is the climate like in your destination? Does it vary at night? Will you need extras if you plan to go to dinner? Are there certain customs or traditions there that might affect your clothing? All of this stuff needs to be taken into consideration whilst travel packing so you can pack appropriately.
The travel packing list can also help out in another way, should your luggage ever get lost or stolen. If you have a list, it can also act as an inventory so you will know exactly what you need to claim for and this can save serious arguments with the insurance company!
before putting the whole thing in your suitcase, go over each object by laying it out on your bed and asking yourself whether you may wear it or not. If your answer is “no” or “I don’t know” then just leave it at home!
Ensure that your travel packing consists of all of the essential toiletries so you will not be panicking when you get there. The best way to pack toiletries is to take the travel-sized equivalent of your ordinary brands. If the company does not do travel sizes then simply purchase some of the travel bottles from the local pharmacy or drugstore and fill them with your regular toiletries. This travel packing secret will save you lots of space! but, keep in mind to place all bottles with liquid in them into their Ziploc bag before packing to spare your clothes leaking accidents!
Your travel packing needs to also consist of a quick assessment of whether or not you’ll be prepared to lose the gadgets you’re packing or not. in case you are taking expensive jewelry then you have to be prepared to lose them. Of course, this is a worst-case situation but this can make you think before you p.c. items that you could prefer to leave at home!
when it comes to travel packing, you must fold all clothes as flat as you probably can. All larges gadgets of clothing, including denim, need to be folded along the bottom of the suitcase, while t-shirts may be used to fill the gaps at the side of the case. in case you are packing footwear too, then stuff your underwear and the socks into the shoes to save space. this can additionally prevent your footwear from becoming misshapen and damaged all through the journey!
Also, think logically when travel packing and place things that you are most likely to wear first when you reach our destination at the top of the case, with the other items towards the bottom!
There is nothing to travel packing successfully when you get used to the concept, but it is all about taking the time to learn the art! Once you have employed these secrets of travel packing once, it will become second nature to you, thus you can concentrate on looking forward to your vacation rather than stressing about what to take!
– Book a hotel room
– Reserve a crib or extra bed if traveling with kids (usually at no extra cost).
– Reserve flight and buy airline tickets; ensure to have seat numbers in advance.
– Make a train or bus reservation.
– Rent a car or prepare your car.
– Research activities, tours, and packages; depending on your destination, it can afford to buy tickets – – before you go or at your destination.
– Research vaccinations requirements, if traveling overseas.
– Pay all your bills that might be due while you are gone.
– Hide a key outside the house.
If you plan to rent a car, do that in advance, not at your destination, you will save lots of money and time.
– Reconfirm flights with the airline 24-48 hours before you depart.
– Reconfirm your hotel reservation.
– Print out and take with you all your reservations you made and have confirmation numbers.
– Exchange currency before you leave or at the airport (the rates are usually better at the local banks, not at airports).
– Secure the home: close and lock windows & doors before you leave.
– Shut off the water (if not freezing)
– Adjust the temperature inside the home.
– Turn off the lights.
– Remove valuables from the yard.
– Take out trash
– Unplug small kitchen and other appliances
– Water plants
– Empty refrigerator
– Check with airlines on the baggage weight limit.
– Airline tickets if paper & itineraries
– Hotel reservation confirmation
– Car rental confirmation
– Bus or train tickets.
– Tours, packages, entertainment, or other events confirmation or tickets
– Passport, green card, personal ID (driver’s license)
– Marriage certificate, if necessary
– Copies of passports and other documents
– Road map/ directions (app & paper)
– Destination guide book
– Download essential travel apps.
– Travel insurance/ Medical insurance
– Credit/ check cards
– Cash/traveler’s checks
– Student ID
– Pleasure reading
– Food/ snacks
– Water bottle
– Travel pillow
– Sleeping mask
– Chewing gum
– Plastic bags
– Safety pins
– Appropriate luggage
– Headphones / Air pods
– important contacts
– Calling card
– Business cards
– Day planner
– Playing cards/ games
– Sewing kit
– Dental floss
– Shower gel
– Hairbrush or comb
– Hair gel/mousse
– Hair spray
– Soap Sunscreen
– Body cream/ lotion
– Lip balm
– Shaver/ razor
– Shaving cream
– Perfume/ cologne
– Makeup / make up remover
– Nail clipper
– Prescription medication
– First aid kit
– Aspirin, Tylenol / pain reliever
– Cold/ sinus medication
– Diarrhea medication
– Insect repellent
– Motion sickness medicine
– Antibiotic ointment
– Hand wipes/ tissues
– Sleeping aid
– Contact lenses / cleaners
– Cotton Balls/ swabs
– Feminine hygiene
– Birth control
– Socks/ hosiery
– Pants/ jeans
– Tank tops
– Dress clothes (dresses, suits, slacks, shirts)
– Tie/ scarf
– Dress shoes
– Leisure shoes/ flip flops
– Athletic shoes
– Hair accessories
– Glasses (reading, sunglasses)
– Glass case
– Umbrella (optional)
– Voltage adapter / converter
– Hair accessories (dryer, iron, rollers)
– Laptop computer / charger/ cords
– Cell phone/ charger
– Digital Camera / batteries / memory card Video recorder / batteries / memory card
– Small flashlight
– Drone if necessary
– Office supplies
– Work documents / reading
– Work contacts
– Check tire pressure (including the spare tire)
– Check oil
– Check windshield fuel
– Check fuel
– Check battery
– Clean & wash
– Emergency road kit