The well-known saying goes, everything is essential, only some things more than others. you may have no clue about what you genuinely require and how little you utilize when you are away while sitting at home. a little flexible backpack makes the difference when traveling. Packing light isn’t simply good for your back-it’s good for your mind.
The flexibility it offers and hassles it evacuates is worth what you leave at home in not taking ten times over what you “think” you may need along the way. Also, the way that you will be the jealousy of everybody you meet! Don’t believe me? Doubting? Read on for a few reasons why you ought to, if nothing else, pack light.
Everyone says pack light, but the vast majority of travelers don’t until they have learned their lesson the hard way.
10 reasons why to pack light while traveling
- Your backpack is your life when traveling, or at any point gets to be it. The littler it is the less it sticks outs and the less defenseless you feel. The closer to your body you can put your backpack, the more comfortable you will be and feel safer. So, pack light and keep your bag near you.
- The possibility of wearing the same clothes every day may appear disgusting to some now, however, it gets simple with the right clothes, and is constantly preferred over unpacking your whole backpack. If you pack light, that should never happen. There is no compelling reason to take an excess of cloths as they could be effortlessly washed and dried, typically overnight.
- Another reason to pack light is that a vast, massive, full sack gives less room to load with gifts, turns into a bad dream when utilizing bike or public transports, and must be weighed in and held up for when taking flights.
- Having a very big and bulky backpack onto public transport may sound okay, however, when the bus is crowded you can’t take it with you and will be separated from it. They will put it on the top of the bus, underneath, or is left at the back of the transport. There shouldn’t be any problems but I bet it would make uncomfortable knowing that your bag is out of your sight.
- You will need to stroll with your backpack freely, at times right across the entire town to look for a good hostel or accommodation and the weather is often very hot or very cold depending on which country you are visiting. When you do take transport, you can swing a little pack/daypack over your front and hop in a taxi or rickshaw without any difficulty. Likewise, leaving your backpack in lockers could be an issue if you are not packing light.
- When using mini-buses, they are regularly crowded and have no baggage holds, so your pack goes ahead with you. If crowded you will hit everyone with your bag when finding a seat and might need to take an extra seat for your large pack. The same is valid when speaking of public transport (like metro/underground and/or tram systems) in rush hour where you find the same issue and may have to pay a surcharge for a large bag. When you pack light, you even save money!
- You will be uncomfortable moving from village to village and not being able to just jump on and off small buses or taxis. When packing light will make your life easier when hopping from town to town. And it’s worth mentioning that a giant heavy backpack does not exactly make you the most confident as you will always feel like you are sticking out of the crowd.
- If your backpack is full it is very hard to get to your things without pulling all the other stuff out of the bag, so often you don’t use what is at the bottom of your bag because you find it easier to just wear what you had on yesterday.
- One of the big advantages of packing light is to be able to travel from a town A to town C with a quick stop between to see a sight at town B carrying your backpack with you, rather than having to do it in a separate day trip, wasting time and money.
- If you pack for every occasion, better bring the hiking boots in case we go hiking, better bring an umbrella in case it rains, better bring dress shoes or clean shoes in case we go to a nice restaurant, etc. – carrying way too much load is inevitable. So, pack light and buy on the road what you need when the “special” occasion presents itself.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest product or an exclusive offer.
Travel hacks for packing light: Hassle-free traveling
There are perhaps loads of tips for packing light. Problem is, among the throngs of strategies for keeping your luggage light, how do you successfully find your way towards a hassle-free travel? Well, a fail-safe way of doing this is to go for the basics. Basics include proper planning, going for the absolute essentials, and choosing the good luggage.
Below are a few tips that would help you reduce the overall weight of your baggage and hence pack light:
Choose your suitcase wisely
First and foremost, you need to buy a suitcase to pack your stuff. But when buying one you need to make sure that it’s light and at the same time sturdy and strong. There are plenty of different brands to choose from, you need to choose wisely as some of them even though they may be ultra-light would be expensive – so a balance needs to be struck.
When you create checklists, you’re not going to leave anything behind and at the same time, you won’t be carrying any extra luggage.
You should create your checklist at least a week before you begin packing as it gives you enough time to make sure that you’ve not missed out on anything. When packing, you should tick off the stuff that you put in the bag as you do it.
Plan your clothing in advance
One of the major reasons for extra baggage is taking of extra clothing. Why carry clothes that you’re not going to be using? Therefore, rather than packing hundreds of pairs of clothes just carry what you’d need.
If at all you plan on attending a function when you’re on your vacation make sure to carry some formal clothing as well.
Only pack what you don’t get at your hotel room
Most hotels offer you the necessities that you’re going to need for a comfortable stay and therefore you wouldn’t have to carry soaps, toothpaste, toiletries, and various other products. Therefore, ask the hotel what they would offer you before you pack as that would reduce a lot of space if not weight.
Packing for kids
Packing for kids is something that you need to worry about. Usually carrying their toys is the main part of the problem rather than their clothes. However, they don’t bother playing with any of the toys when their out on a vacation as there’s a lot more to do! Therefore, talk to them and convince them that you’re not going to be carrying a lot.
International baggage fees
At first, airways started charging passengers for the 2nd bag of checked baggage. Now, some are even charging for the first. in case you are taking an extended holiday, these extra costs can quickly add up.
For starters, you must know that the fees exist. An increase in charges isn’t something the airline wants to shout from the rooftops. Most travelers showed up for their flights to learn, for the first time, it would cost $30 roundtrip for their only suitcase. Imagine the anger. Although these fees are well-known now, you still need to look for them. Make sure to Know if your airline charges you a fee for your first or second suitcase and how much.
We listed below some well-known international and domestic airlines with baggage their fees to help you get an idea about how much you can pay:
JetBlue is a major American low-cost airline, and the 6th-largest in the USA by passengers carried. JetBlue airlines based in the long island city neighborhood of the NYC borough of Queens; it additionally keeps corporate offices in Utah and Florida.
United Airlines is a major USA airline based at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. United operates a large domestic and international route network spanning city large and small across the United States and all six continents. Measured by fleet size and several routes, it is the third-largest airline in the world.
American Airlines is a major American airline based in fort-worth, texas, within the Dallas–fort worth metroplex. it’s miles the world’s largest airline when measured by way of fleet size, scheduled passengers carried, and revenue passenger mile.
Delta airlines are one of the major airways of the USA and a legacy carrier. it is based in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline, alongside its subsidiaries and regional affiliates, which includes Delta Connection, operates over 5,400 flights every day and serves 325 destinations in 52 countries on six continents.
The airline was launched on March 15, 1967, by Herb Kelleher as Air Southwest Co. and followed its current name, Southwest Airlines Co., in 1971, whilst it started running as an intrastate airline completely within the state of Texas, first flying between Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. The airline has more than 60,000 employees and operates about 4,000 departures a day during the peak travel season.
Alaska Airlines is a major American airline primarily based in SeaTac, Washington, in the Seattle metropolitan region. It is the fifth-largest airline in the United States when measured by fleet size, scheduled passengers carried, and the number of destinations served. Alaska, together with its regional partners Horizon Air and SkyWest Airlines, performs a huge domestic route network, mostly focused on connecting from the Pacific Northwest and Alaska to over 100 destinations within the contiguous USA, Hawaii, Canada, Costa Rica, and Mexico.
Allegiant Air is an American low-cost airline that operates scheduled and constitution flights. As a first-rate air provider, it’s miles the 9th biggest commercial airline in the USA.
Spirit Airlines is an American ultra-low-cost carrier based in Miramar. It is the 8th largest commercial airline in North America. Spirit operates scheduled flights throughout the USA, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
The airline was launched and operated in 1923, making Aeroflot one of the oldest active airlines around the globe. Aeroflot is based in the Central Administrative Okrug, Moscow, with its hub being Sheremetyevo International Airport.
Air Canada is the flag provider and the biggest airline of Canada by fleet size and passengers carried. The airline, founded in 1937, provides scheduled and charter air transport for passengers and cargo to 207 destinations around the world. Air Canada’s company is based in Montreal, Quebec, whilst its biggest hub is at Toronto Pearson International Airport. The airline’s regional service is Air Canada Express.
Turkish Airlines are the national flag provider airline of Turkey. As of August 2019, it operates scheduled offerings to 315 destinations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, making it the biggest mainline carrier within the world through the number of passenger destinations. The airline serves more locations non-stop from a single airport than any other airline in the world, and flies to 126 countries, more than any other airline.
Singapore Airlines (SIA) is the flag provider airline of Singapore with its hub at Singapore Changi Airport. The airline is exquisite for the usage of the Singapore lady as its central figure in company branding. it’s been ranked as the world’s best airline by Skytrax 4 times and topped travel & leisure’s best airline ratings for more than 20 years.
Korean Air is the biggest airline and flag carrier of South Korea based on fleet size, worldwide destinations, and international flights. The airline’s global headquarters is placed in Seoul, South Korea.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the flag provider airline of the Netherlands. KLM is located in Amstelveen, with its hub at nearby Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. KLM is a part of the Air France–KLM group and the SkyTeam airline alliance.
You might also like →
Packing too much baggage can put a crimp in your traveling style. When you have too many bags, you could find yourself spending a lot of time waiting at baggage claim. And it’s never fun to lug around too many heavy bags.
The next time you travel, make a pact with yourself to travel light. When you pack light, you’ll free up your time when you travel. In some cases, you may be able to get away with taking all of your items in a carryon and avoiding baggage check entirely.